Shure sm 57 microphone
clasic vocal or instrument microphone
The Shure SM57 unidirectional dynamic microphone is exceptional for musical instrument pickup or for vocals. With its bright, clean sound and carefully contoured presence rise, the SM57 is ideal for live sound reinforcement and recording. It has an extremely effective cardioid pickup pattern which isolates the main sound source while minimizing background noise. In the studio, it is excellent for recording drums, guitar, and woodwinds.
For musical instruments or vocals, the SM57 is a consistent choice of professional performers. It is also the standard microphone used on the podium of the U.S. President for over 30 years. Its outstanding performance, legendary reliability, and diversity of application make this "workhorse" the choice of performers, producers, and sound engineers the world over.
- Contoured frequency response for clean, instrumental reproduction and rich vocal pickup
- Professional-quality reproduction for drum, percussion, and instrument amplifier miking
- Uniform cardioid pickup pattern isolates the main sound source while reducing background noise
- Pneumatic shock-mount system cuts down handling noise
- Extremely durable under the heaviest use
- Frequency response: 40 to 15,000 Hz
- Type: Dynamic
- Frequency Response: 40 to 15,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern: Unidirectional (cardioid), rotationally symmetrical about microphone axis, uniform with frequency.
- Sensitivity (at 1,000 Hz): Open Circuit Voltage: -56.0 dBV/Pa* (1.6 mV) *(1 Pa = 94 dB SPL)
- Impedance: Rated impedance is 150 ohms (310 ohms actual) for connection to microphone inputs rated low impedance.
- Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3.
- Connector: Three-pin professional audio connector (male XLR type).
- Case: Dark gray, enamel-painted, die-cast steel with a polycarbonate grille and a stainless steel screen.