The Aston Origin is a high performance large diaphragm condenser microphone with a fixed cardioid polar pattern entirely designed and manufactured in the UK.
The Aston Origin features a 1” gold evaporated capsule developed in collaboration with a plethora of highly regarded professionals to capture the best possible sound to inspire artists, engineers and producers alike. After extensive research and testing the final capsule was designed to provide the very best performance in its class.
Surrounding the capsule is a truly unique wave-form mesh head which in addition to its unique look provides an unprecedented level of protection of the capsule. Using a shock resistant wave-form design, allows the head of the mic to distort if knocked heavily without damaging the capsule inside. It can then be returned to its original position. The mesh head also provides a degree of off-axis rejection for cleaner and more focused sound.
The Origin also uses a stainless steel mesh-knit pop filter built-in the wave-form head using a unique random weave design which naturally blocks unwanted plosives at source. It also provides shielding against electromagnetic radiation. Using a stainless steel mesh cage prevents the formation of rust and even allows the filter to be washed.
The stunning chassis is tumbled for 4 hours providing a hard-wearing and beautiful finish and features a beautiful engraving: The Art of Performance. The microphone comes in an eco-friendly packaging which is re-usable and beautifully simple.
Aston Origin Large Diaphragm Condenser Microphone Main Features:
- Wave-form mesh head – this unique design provides shock absorption to protect the capsule, with elastic mesh memory
- Built-in pop filter using the latest stainless steel mesh-knit technology
- Direct to stand microphone mounting
- 2mm, solid stainless steel, laser-cut and etched chassis
- Capsule - The Aston Sound - developed by professional artists, engineers and producers
- PCB – market-leading electronic design with WIMA capacitors
- Eco-friendly packaging. No unnecessary frills; just well-designed, re-usable and recyclable packaging