The Spirit is a high performance condener microphone using a 1" gold evaporated capsule. The mic offers a choice of 3 different polar patterns (Omni, Cardioid and Figure of 8) via a switch on the front. This gives the mic the versatility to record in a variety of environments. The Spirit will be a great choice for most instruments, but is particularly sweet on acoustic guitar and vocals. It's built with some of the best components that you find in expensive boutique microphones.
The Result is a beautifully open sound with sparkling harmonics. This highly accurate microphone gives a stunningly natural and transparent recording, capturing all the detail in the high range but without adding the harshness that some condenser microphones seem to.
Wave Form Mesh Head
One of the most striking features of the Spirit is it's waveform mesh head. This shock resistant band offers unprecedented protection to your microphones delicate capsule and components. Mesh heads have always been the first line of defence for your mic, but a heavy knock will at the least leave an unsightly disfiguring to the mesh itself. With the wave-form mesh, the head will distort to take the energy away from a heavy knock, but can be easily returned to it's normal position, without any damage at all.
Built-in Pop Filter
Aston Microphones also feature a built in pop filter that's even better than most filters on the market. It's random weave allows your vocals to pass unhindered, whilst stopping plosives dead. It also shields against electromagnetic radiation.
The other great thing about having a filter integrated into your mic is that it offers automatic protection from the outside world. its stainless steel mesh cage protects from unwanted moisture, grime and dust and can even be removed from the mic and washed; ensuring your mic will be clean and fresh and last a very long time!
In-built shock absorbtion
Each element inside the Spirit has been designed with it's own shock absorbant design, meaning that the mic is inherently much more resistant to any minor lumps and bumps that could get into your recordings. Aston are so confident that they put a direct stand mount on the base of the mic so that you don't need any sort of mic clip or external shock mount. Of course you can still use a shock mount if you feel more confident using one.
- Wave-form mesh head – this unique design provides shock absorption to protect the capsule, with elastic mesh memory
- Built-in pop filter using the latest stainless steel mesh-knit technology
- Direct to stand microphone mounting
- 2mm, solid stainless steel, laser-cut and etched chassis
- Capsule - The Aston Sound - developed by professional artists, engineers and producers - www.astonmics.com/astonsound
- PCB – market-leading electronic design with WIMA capacitors
- Eco-friendly packaging. No unnecessary frills; just well-designed, re-usable and recyclable packaging
- Transducer Type: Condenser
- Acoustic Operating Principle: Pressure Gradient
- Frequency Response: 20Hz – 20kHz (+/-3dB)
- Equivalent Input Noise: 18dB A-Weighted
- Sensitivity at 1kHz into 1kohm: 23.7mV/Pa
- Maximum SPL for THD 0.5%: 138dB
- Directional Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Pad Switch: -10dB
- Low-Cut Filter: 80Hz
- 48 Volt Phantom power (+/- 4 Volts) is required for operation