The Akai MPK Mini MKII is the best-selling mobile MIDI keyboard for protable music production. Whether you're on the move or just need something compact for the studio, Akai MPK MINI 2 is the hub of your musical ideas.
Compact 25 note mini keyboard with MPC-Style pads & 8 rotary controllersTraditional synths and MIDI Keyboards can be bulky and heavy to move between your studio spaces. The Akai MPK Mini MK2 is small enough to slide into a backpack or laptop case, but offers comprehensive control over your music software.
The MPC-style drum pads can be used to lay down drum grooves or trigger samples, with 8 rotary control knobs for dynamic control over synths, filters and any automation.
The Akai MPK Mini 2 comes with a whole bunch of advanced music production software titles including MPC Essentials – a powerful sample-based groove production application – and spectral morphing synth Twist from SONiVOX. Start making music out the box, or use it with your existing DAW or sequencer.
Akai MPK Mini MKII Key Features:
- 25 synth-action mini keys
- New 4-way thumbstick for dynamic pitch/modulation control
- 8 MPC pads with Note Repeat
- 8 assignable control knobs for mixing, tweaking plug-ins and more
- Ultra-compact design lets you create anywhere
- USB-powered; no power adapter required
- Comprehensive production software package included: Hybrid 3 by AIR Music Tech, SONiVOX Wobble 2.0
Direct Control - VIP Software
The MPK Mini MKII and VIP software work together to give you even deeper access to sorting and manipulating your VST virtual instrument and FX plugin library. An integrated patch browser presents every patch for every VST plugin you have, and lets you to quickly filter, select and preview patches based on their specific attributes. You can layer patches together (from up to 8 different VST plugins) to create new patches and timbres. You can also create setlists that provide instant on-demand access to your instruments for stage performance and studio work.
VIP Software Features:
- Plays virtually every VST compatible plugin
- Operates as a standalone virtual instrument player for your computer
- Also operates as a plugin within any AU, VST, or AAX compatible DAW
- Organizes your plugin collection with intuitive browsing by plugin, artist collection instrument type, timbre and more
- Access, edit, and mix up to 8 virtual instruments at one time
- Setlist feature lets live performers switch between patches from any plugin instantly from the keyboard
- Etensive key zone splitting, custom mapping, and instrument mixing options
- Pre-mapped to hundreds of industry-leading virtual insturments
- Unlimited instances of VIP may be run in a DAW
- NEW VIP 3.0 Update
As of September 2018, Akai have announced the release of VIP3.0! This latest update of their critically acclaimed VIP software is even more efficient, and is now available on a wider-range of controllers than ever before.
All new features within VIP 3.0 include the following:
- VIPMS (VIP Native Plugin Map Standard) - 3rd party VST and Effect developers can now develop their own personal plugin maps, allowing for enhanced and seamless intergration with VIP, fully opening these plugins to VIP's superior workflow
- MIDI Learn - allows you to seamlessly map your MIDI controller's hardware controls to specific parameters within the software, enabling instant access and more efficient levels of creativity - this feature makes especially good use of the extensive libraries for MIDI controller mappings on both Akai Professional and M-Audio keyboards.
- Pad Chord Progressions - using a VIP-enabled keyboard controller's pads, you can now easily play preset chord progressions
- Key Control modes - these allow you to play scales, harmonised chords or even chord progressions from your VIP keyboard
For owners of the larger Akai MIDI Keyboard series, owners of the MPK249 and MPK261 will also receive AIR Music Tech’s high-definition Hybrid 3 virtual synth, while MPK261 owners also receive SONiVOX Eighty-Eight Ensemble.