The Yamaha EMX5014C Powered Mixer features 10 mixing channels and 14 inputs, along with an efficient amplifier and digital SPX effects. Delivering 500W + 500W power output, the EMX5014C is equipped with two SpeakON output connectors that are suitable for passive loudspeaker setup within live performance venues. The integrated one-knob compressors and 9-band EQ allow you to optimise the sound while the Feedback Channel Locating system allows you to eliminate feedback instantly.
Console Controllability and Versatility
With the many features and control functions provided by the EMX5014C, console style is the only way to go. It's still compact enough to be placed in the stage area and controlled by the performers - especially if rack mounted - but its console configuration also makes it an ideal choice for front-of-house type operation by a sound engineer. Linear faders are another advantage of the console layout, providing precise level control as well as graphic representation of relative channel levels.
Expanded EQ Capability
Like the other EMX-series mixers, the EMX5014C features 3-band EQ on all input channels, but goes a step further on the six mono channels with mid-frequency sweep controls. The mid EQ center frequency can be continuously swept from 250 Hz through 5 kHz so you can precisely pinpoint frequencies in the critical midrange that require compensation or enhancement, providing significantly greater enhanced tailoring potential. The stereo graphic equaliser has also been expanded with 9 bands that can be used for more effective room voicing or feedback control.
One-knob Compression on Mono Channels
Built-in channel dynamics is normally a feature reserved for much larger (and more expensive) mixers. But in the EMX5014C you get compressors on all six monaural mic/line channels. Judicious application of compression can help to make vocals ride the mix better, give you that smooth compressed guitar sound, deliver more punchy bass, and generally refine your mixes in a multitude of ways. Yamaha's unique one-knob compressors are simple to use, too. Theres no need to juggle multiple attack, threshold, makeup gain, and other controls, just set the COMP control to the amount of compression you need.
Feedback Channel Locating (FCL) System
FCL System indicator LEDs at the top of each channel light if the corresponding channel goes into feedback. So if and when feedback occurs you ll be able to locate the channel(s) in which it is occurring immediately and rectify the problem without delay.
SPX Digital Effects
You can dial up a selection of 16 top-quality Yamaha SPX effects, including reverb, echo, chorus, flanger, phaser, and even distortion. Yamaha SPX digital effects are widely recognized as being some of the finest available, and the effects provided in the EMX mixers live up to that reputation.
- Gain controls and 26-dB pad switches allow optimum level matching with just about any source
- 80-Hz high pass filters for elimination of unwanted low frequency noise and rumble
- Channel ON switches let you switch individual channels into or out of the mix
- Pan control adjusts the position of mono channel signals in the stereo sound field, while balance controls on stereo channels control the balance of the stereo image
- High-quality linear faders individually adjust the level of each channel
- PFL (pre-fader listen) switches allow isolated monitoring of individual channels
- All input channels feature signal and peak indicators for visual signal monitoring
- Linear AUX 1, AUX 2, and EFFECT RTN faders with AFL (after-fader listen) monitor switches
- Stereo master fader with both PFL and AFL monitor switches
- Limiter indicators tell you when the internal limiter circuitry has been activated due to power amplifier overload
- Power Amp mode selector allows two channel power amplifier to be quickly configured for Main + Main, Mono + Aux 1, or Aux 1 + Aux 2 operation
- Power amplifier output selector allows selection of 500, 200, or 75 watt output per channel
- Stand-by switch instantly mutes all mono inputs
- Precise 12-segment stereo level meter
- Phones jack with independent level control
- High-quality SPEAKON speaker connectors for fast, reliable connection. Phone jack connectors are also provided
- Mixing Channels: 6 Mono + 2 Stereo + Return
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz, 0dB/-3dB
- AUX: 3 (Including 1 x Effect Send)
- MAIN: Stereo
- On-Board Processors: 2 x SPX, 2 x 9-Band GEQ, YSProcessing
- Microphone Inputs: 8
- Phantom Power: +48V DC
- Line Inputs: 4 x Stereo
- Amplifier Power:
- 4 Ohms: 500W/Ch
- 8 Ohms: 320W/Ch
- Total Harmonic Distortion: < 0.3 Percent
- Equivalent Input Noise: -128dBu
- Residual Output Noise: -68dBu/-95dBu (Speaker Out/Line Out)
- Crosstalk: -68dB
- Cooling: 2 x Variable-Speed Fan
- Power Consumption: 500W
- Dimensions: 444mm x 155mm x 493mm (W x H x D)
- Weight: 10.5kg / 23.2lbs