The Yamaha MG16XU Analog Mixer features an array of inputs with discrete Class-A D-PRE mic preamps and pristine Op-Amp circuits, along with switchable phantom power and PAD switches. Equipped with an integrated USB audio interface and supplied with Steinberg's Cubase Al software, the MG16XU provides you with a powerful and versatile platform for music production. The built-in SPX effect processor allows you to add depth and atmosphere into any performance, while the 1-knob compressors and EQ controls allow you to further optimise the sound. Suitable for live performances and studio sessions, the MG16XU offers user-friendly and reliable operation, along with the warmth and musicality of premium analog circuitry.
D-PRE Microphone Preamps
The MG16XU features newly refined D-PRE mic preamps that employ an inverted Darlington circuit design and deliver more power with lower impedance. Initially intended for use with Yamaha's high-end recording equipment, these discrete class-A preamps ensure your signal retains the original character and musical expression.
The head amp determines overall sound quality and the op-amp integrated circuits are one of the most important elements within the head amp circuit. All MG series mixers feature new, high-quality, custom-made MG01 op-amps that Yamaha have developed in cooperation with the semiconductor manufacturer. MG01 op-amps utilise redesigned circuitry in which even the internal components and wiring have been optimised to ensure exceptional resolution and transient responses.
The Yamaha MG16XU features newly upgraded 1-knob compressors indicators that allow you to visually monitor when compression ''kicks in'' on each channel. These intelligent compressors add optimally set compression to a wide variety of input sources by simply adjusting a single control - eliminating the need to set up and configure complex outboard equipment.
SPX Digital Effects
Suitable for musical and non-musical applications alike, the Yamaha MG mixer is equipped with integrated high-resolution effects that allow you to tailor the sound for each performance. Yamaha's acclaimed SPX processor delivers a comprehensive suite of 24 editable digital effects, perfect for enhancing your mix.
MG series mixing consoles are supplied with a downloadable version of Steinberg's Cubase Al software. This comprehensive DAW suite provides you with a powerful and versatile platform for music production.
- Studio-grade Discrete Class-A “D-PRE” Mic Preamps with an Inverted Darlington Circuit
- High quality sound Op-amp
- Switchable phantom power and PAD switch
- Professional 1-knob compressors with LED Indicators
- EQ and high-pass filters
- Wide range of input and output connectors
- LED level metering
- Built-in SPX digital effects
- Rugged, impact-resistant, powder-coated metal chassis
- Integrated rack-ears for easy rack mounting
- Universal power supply
- 24-bit/192kHz 2-in/2-out USB audio interface
- Includes Cubase Al software
- Inputs: 16
- 8 x Mono Mic/Line
- 2 x Mono/Stereo Mic/Line
- 2 x Stereo Line
- 2 x Stereo
- 1 x Monitor
- 1 x Headphone
- 4 x Aux Sends
- 4 x Group
- Phantom Power: 48V (Per Channel)
- Digital Connectivity: USB 2.0 (24-Bit/192kHz)
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.03 Percent
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz, +0.5dB/-1.5dB
- Equivalent Input Noise: -128dB
- Residual Output Noise: -102dB
- Crosstalk: -78dB
- Power Requirements: 100V - 240V, 50Hz/60Hz
- Power Consumption: 36W
- Dimensions: 444mm x 130mm x 500mm (W x H x D)
- Weight: 6.8kg