Anytime, anywhere. Be ready to record. The Tascam DR-07X Stereo Handheld Audio Recorder is a highly portable recording device ideal for musicians, sound designers, filmmakers, and field recordists.
The DR-07X intuitive design makes it incredibly easy to use. Record, adjust levels, delete bad takes, add markers. All at the push of a button. And the ability to change between recording techniques (A-B and X-Y) is as easy flipping the microphone swivel.
The DR-07X is extremely compact but does not skimp on sound quality. The pair of condenser microphones responds to SPL levels of 125db meaning it can get crisp recordings in almost any sonic environments. Capture every detail.
Studio-grade audio, anywhere
Premium-grade sound on the move. The DR-07X from Tascam is a stereo handheld digital audio recorder with an integrated USB audio interface. Two internal condenser microphones deliver exceptional audio fidelity, with high-end clarity. They are capable of handling anything up to 125dB SPL, meaning you can record loud sounds without the fear of distortion.
The audio resolution ranges up to 96kHz/24-bit, capturing every nuance of your source audio. You can also record in multiple formats including WAV/BWF linear and MP3 files for longer recordings. A built-in monoaural speaker allows you to check your files on the fly, providing a way to reference your recordings after you are done.
Immersive stereo microphones
The thing that sets the DR-07X apart from its sibling (DR-05X) are the adjustabel unidrectional microphones. These specialised condenser can be used for recording both in A-B and X-Y configurations. The advanced microphone positioning options results in a wide stereo sound recording.
The result is highly immersive audio that can be used for various applications such as sound for movies, foley sounds, live performances and more. It even features an internal Reverb effect for both playback and recording. A chromatic tuner is also built-in for musicians.
Quick and easy to use
The ergonomic layout and simple, intuitive controls makes recording a breeze. The revamped design allows you to operate the recorder with the press of a thumb. A quick menu button provides easy access to various important functions.
It comes jam-packed with useful tools to optimise your recordings. Auto recording will detect sound input signals and automatically start recording. This can be great for musicians and podcasters, virtually acting as a self-timer for recording audio on your own.
You can even overdub files by recording whilst playing a previously recorded file. This can be great for musicians on the move. For example you can use this function to create layered recordings for guitars, vocals and more.
Ideal for musicians, interviews, podcasters and video makers
The portable size and studio-grade sound makes the DR-07X perfect for a range of applications. From capturing vocal demos and guitar riffs to professional interviews, podcasting and even movie making; the DR-07X can do it all.
Connecting the unit to the PC makes it trigger USB audio interface mode. From here you can use the DR-X as a tool for voiceover work, dictation, livestreaming, song-writing and more. The condenser microphones acts as USB microphones without the need for complicated drivers.
It also features a range of functions optimised for filmmakers. The auto-tone function allows you to easily adjust the settings for one-site movie editing, making it a perfect companion for DSLR filmmaking. An internal slate tone generator produces tones for easy track making. An optional accessory kit (AK-DR11C) is available for connecting the recorder to your DSLR.
Extended battery life – never miss the moment
Two AA batteries are need to power the DR-07X. But don’t be fooled by the power source, it provides you with an ultra-long battery capacity, ensuring you will never miss the perfect take. Using the built-in microphones standard 2ch WAV, 44.1kHz/ 16bit format using alkaline batteries, the recorder can last up to 17.5 hours.
It can also be powered via USB mobile battery for super long extended use, or via USB bus power when connected as an audio interface. Additionally there is an optional AC adapter (not included) for when you need continuous power for long recording sessions.
- High-quality unidirectional stereo condenser microphones that can record in both A-B and X-Y positions according to the situation
- Support multiple languages for menu (ENG/FRA/DEU/ITA/ESP/RUS/PRT/JPN/CHI/KOR)
- Overwrite function for Punch-In recording with one level of Undo
- Functions as a 2in/ 2out USB Audio Interface for Mac, PC or iOS recording
- Dictation mode designed for human voice recording and transcription
- Reverb effect for vocal and instrument resonance
- Auto recording function that can detect the sound input signal level and automatically start recording
- Proven high sound pressure design for capturing loud sounds of up to 125dB SPL
- Peak reduction function
- Self timer recording function
- Seamless gain control
- Three low cut filter levels (40/80/120Hz)
- Speed change (VSA) function for adjusting the speed from 0.5 to 1.5 times (in 0.1 increments)
- Level align feature that prevents uneven volume levels
- Equalizer setting for adjusting playback sound quality
- Divide/delete functions
- Loop/repeat playback function
- Resume function that retains the last stop position and starts playback from that position when power is turned back ON
- Jump back and play (1 to 10 sec in 1 sec increments, 10 sec, 20 sec, 30 sec)
- QUICK menu button for easy access to various functions
- High-quality 96kHz/24-bit WAV/BWF linear PCM recording and long recordings as MP3 files possible
- microSD/microSDHC/microSDXC (up to 128GB) cards can be used as recording media
- Mark function that can set up to 99 points for a single track Mark information can be utilized by BWF compatible software
- Audio files created on computers can be played (Only in formats compatible with this product)
- Built-in monaural speaker with an output of 0.3W
- Pre-recording buffer that can record up to 2 seconds prior to starting recording
- When a predetermined maximum file size is reached, a new file is created to continue recording
- Track increment creates new files at arbitrary locations during recording
- File name format can be set to use a user-defined word or the date
- The first six characters of the file name for recording can be set freely
- Playlist function
- A chromatic tuner is equipped which is helpful for practicing musical instruments
- Stereo mini jack for external stereo microphones (provides plug-in power) / External line input
- Stereo mini line output / Headphone output connector
- 128×64 pixel graphic LCD with backlight
- High-speed file transfer to a computer is possible using USB 2.0
- Powered by 2 AA batteries, USB bus power, or optional AC adapter (PS-P520E)
- Tripod attachment screw-hole built in to the unit